History of West Virginia

 The history of West Virginia began at the 1861 Wheeling Convention.  This Convention was an assembly aimed to repeal the Ordinance of Sucession made during the American Civil War (1861 to 1865).  West Virginia became one of the two American states during the Civil War.  Nevada became the second state.  West Virginia was the only state to come from another state, at this time, splitting Virginia.  West Virginia became a state June 20, 1863.  I think my favorite park is the New River.  This park encompasses over 70,000 acres of land along the New River.  This park has Natural and Cultural history.  

This is my seventh time to travel here for pleasure and  absolutely adore this state, the people, and my best friends Roy and Franny Massey in Cottageville, WV.

Michelle Beckle is a Life Music and Drama Coach.  I hope this blog was a blessing to you. Please contact me at 623.755.3916.  Becklemusic.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POSITIVITY AND MUSIC

THE KING OF COOL

JEANS MUSIC AND BABY LOVE